1. Gather a felt stropping/deburring pad, bottle of alcohol (preferably 90%+) small atomizer pump spray bottle, 0.3 micron dry chromium oxide powder and some cardboard or newspaper.
2. Fill the spray bottle about 1/4 full with chromium oxide.
3. Fill the remaining 3/4 of the spray bottle with alcohol, return cap/pump, and shake until well mixed.
4. Place felt pad on cardboard (or newspaper).
5. First prime the sprayer by pumping trigger and test by spraying another piece of cardboard (or newspaper) to make sure that it works and comes out as desired. This is important so that you don't get globs come out onto your felt pad.
6. Hold the spray bottle about 12" away from the felt pad and pump to evenly spray the felt's surface. Don't worry about making it dark green - just do it evenly as you can reapply with following coats.
*Note - I did it a bit too heavy for a single coat just so that you can see the green in the picture. This much coverage on the initial coating isn't required or advisable.
I'm sorry that the picture quality isn't all that great. I have no place to shoot good pictures anymore, the lighting here sucks. I hope the concept came across non-the-less though.
In case you're wondering if CrO works with felt the answer is yes, it works very well and a lot better if evenly distributed in the described fashion above. I have one felt pad loaded with both CrO and our Blue Diamond spray which I really like a lot so please feel free to try that as well....LOL. :D